Yesterday morning Station 43 and mutual aid were dispatched to the 200 block of Maple St in the village of Gordonville for a reported house fire. Being just behind our station Ambulance 431 was on scene just after dispatch reporting a porch fire that appeared to be out by the homeowner with an extinguisher and a minor smoke condition inside the house.
Deputy 431 arrived on scene confirming the report. Engine 431 arrived on scene and crews used a thermal imaging camera and determined there was still some high heat coming from the porch. Crews worked on removing some of the porch decking to find a smoldering fire underneath. Crews quickly extinguished the remaining fire. Crews then ventilated the house and returned to service.