Photography Credits: Photo 5 Imagery
A fire caused significant damage to the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant at the Rockvale Square Mall in East Lampeter Township Monday evening. Firefighters arrived and found heavy smoke banked down inside the restaurant. Firefighters found a fire had been burning for some time before it was discovered. Tower 43 was dispatched as the second due truck at 17:55 hours and assisted with opening up the building to get to the fire. The Tower was on scene for approx. 30 minutes. The fire is believed to have started when a discarded cigarette thrown in the mulch burned its way into the cavity of the wall. Firefighters cut open the wall and quickly extinguished the fire. The restaurant was closed due to the extent of fire, smoke and water damage. Ronks Fire Company was in command of the incident.